Who We Are
WMHT, the multichannel public media organization, is seeking passionate members of our community to help us as we work to tell the stories of our community, better engage the people who define our community, and build programs and services connected to our community. The WMHT Community Advisory Board will comprise 25 – 46 members of our community and will represent different regions, people, and communities we serve.
What is a Community Advisory Board
As its name implies, the Community Advisory Board is advisory in nature. Community Advisory Boards are mandated by the Communications Act to “to review the programming goals established by the station, the service provided by the station, and the significant policy decisions rendered by the station.” The legislation continues, “The role of the board shall be solely advisory in nature, except to the extent other responsibilities are delegated to the board by the governing body of the station. In no case shall the board have any authority to exercise any control over the daily management or operation of the station.”
What this project is
We are looking for champions, community leaders, and those who are passionate about this region and their communities who are willing to help us better serve you, your family, friends, and neighbors. WMHT needs you to help guide us in providing innovative and more thoughtful content, programs, and services.
Expectations of the CAB
- Be willing to meet four times a year, twice at WMHT and twice in your community.
- Live and/or work in the broadcast area we reach. Click here to view coverage map.
- This is a two-year commitment - March 2018-March 2020.
What WE will accomplish
- Discuss the future of Public Media and how it can enhance our community.
- Open dialogue about your community’s strengths and challenges
- Use the feedback and your insights to help guide the organization’s strategic planning.
- We are looking for representative diversity - geographical, economic, cultural, and ideological.
- You do NOT need be a member to apply.
- Questions? Email Joseph Tovares at email@example.com
Community Advisory Board 2018-2020
Kyle Belokopitsky, Esq.
Willie, Dean, Jr.
Dr. DeShawn N. McGarrity
Monday, February 10 | 4pm
Monday, June 15 | 4pm
Arts and Culture Subcommittee Meetings
Monday, May 4 | 4pm
Children and Education Subcommittee Meetings
Monday, May 11 | 4pm
Civic and Public Affairs Subcommittee Meetings
Monday, May 18 | 4pm