Kevin J. Johnson, L.T.C.P., C.L.T.C.
President and CEO of New York Long Term Care Brokers, Ltd.
David C. Olsen, Ph.D., L.C.S.W., L.M.F.T.
Executive Director of Samaritan Counseling Center of the Capital Region.
Michael Wolff, M.D.
Geriatrician and Medical Director of Eddy Residential Services Division.
• The AARP offers useful tools and articles on retirement planning.
• This article from EverydayHealth.com provides tips and suggestions to help you avoid emotional pitfalls when you reach retirement.
• The official U.S. government site for people with Medicare is a comprehensive guide featuring answers to frequently-asked-questions about Medicare.
• The National Clearinghouse for Long-Term Care Information provides information and resources to help you and your family plan for future long-term care needs.
• The New York State Office For The Aging provides a guide for senior citizens that includes information on health care, health insurance, local support services and more.
• PlanForYourHealth.com offers tips to make sure you retire not only feeling financially secure, but also feeling healthy.
• The U.S. Social Security Administration provides detailed information about your Social Security retirement benefits under current law and points out things you may want to consider as you prepare for the future.
• The U.S. Department of Labor offers publications on pensions and financial planning.
• This U.S. Department of Labor publication, 'Taking the Mystery Out of Retirement Planning,' is specifically designed to help those who are about a decade from retirement, though the information is valuable to everyone.
• USA.gov for Seniors provides a variety of financial planning tools, including a federal employees' retirement calculator.
• The U.S. Financial Literacy and Education Commission offers financial education resources for all Americans.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.
Stock Photos provided by Shutterstock.