Addiction is a heartbreaking disease - be it addiction to alcohol, drugs, food, sex or gambling. It affects every member of the family and can have a lasting impact on their lives emotionally, physically, and socially. Use the resources below to learn about treatment option, recovery and to find support.
• Saint Peters Health Partners Addiction Recovery Center
• Publications from the Substance Abuse and Metal Health Services Administration
• Al-Anon Family Groups
• Alcoholics Anonymous
• National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc.
• National Insitute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
• New York Council on Problem Gambling
• Gamblers Anonymous
• New York Association of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Providers
• National Association for Children of Alcoholics
• New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.
Stock Photos provided by Shutterstock.