WMHT Educational Telecommunications is the only full-service public broadcaster serving Eastern New York and Western New England. The following position(s) are available at this time:
• Assistant Chief Engineer (PDF)
• Production Engineer (PDF)
• Electronics Technician Level IV (PDF)
If your organization would like to receive WMHT job postings, please e-mail us.
WMHT offers college students opportunities to learn more about broadcasting and media through a variety of internships here at our TV, radio and Web headquarters. If you are interested in interning at WMHT, please review the following frequently-asked questions:
What factors do you consider when selecting an intern?
• An applicant's individual skills, strengths, academic record, goals and career interests and current departmental needs at WMHT. Also, applicants must be pursuing a degree that requires them to obtain vocational experience as a condition of receiving the degree.
Are WMHT internships paid or unpaid?
• WMHT internships are unpaid.
What are the eligibility requirements and what types of internships are available at WMHT?
• Click here for more information on our internships.
What are the deadlines for submitting internship applications?
• Fall interns: Submit by July 31 for Sept.-Dec. internship.
• Spring interns: Submit by Nov. 30 for Jan.-May.
• Summer interns: Submit by April 30 for May-Aug.
How do I apply for an internship at WMHT?
• Apply via e-mail here.
What should my cover letter include?
• That is really up to you, but we suggest discussing why you are interested in an internship at WMHT, what skills, strengths and experience you could bring to the organization and what you would like to learn more about during your potential internship. We will need the number of credits you will be earning and how many internship hours you will need in order to earn that credit. We will also need to know the time period you are applying for.
How will I know if I have been selected for an internship?
• If an internship matches your qualifications and interests, you will be invited to WMHT for an interview. If you are selected for an internship, you will be notified by a WMHT staff member.
Am I guaranteed employment with WMHT after I complete the internship?
• There is no guarantee of employment based on your internship. However, your performance during your internship will be considered if you choose to apply for a job with us.