Glaucoma and Macular Degeneration
Glaucoma and Macular Degeneration wo of the leading causes of vision loss - glaucoma and macular degeneration - can damage your sight so gradually that you won't notice any loss of vision until the disease is at an advanced stage. While incurable, these conditions can be managed. On this episode of Health Link we examine the latest in diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma and macular degeneration. Find out if you could be at risk and how to save your sight.
• The National Eye Institute, a service of the National Institutes of Health, offers helpful publications on glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration.
• The American Health Assistance Foundation educates the public on glaucoma and macular degeneration.
• The American Macular Degeneration Foundation is committed to the prevention and cure of macular degeneration and offers hope and support to those afflicted and their families.
• The Foundation of the American Academy of Ophthalmology operates a public service program, EyeCare America, which aims to preserve sight by raising awareness about eye diseases and providing access to medical eye care.
• The Glaucoma Research Foundation funds innovative research to find a cure for glaucoma.
• The Macular Degeneration Partnership is dedicated to making sure that those with age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and their family members have the best information available and all the tools needed to live well with AMD.
•Natural Eye Care, Inc. offers information on glaucoma risks, preventing vision problems and treatments.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.
Stock Photos provided by Shutterstock.