GERD | Barrett's Esophagus
GERD | Barrett's Esophagus Many of us suffer from bouts of indigestion, but if you're experiencing heartburn frequently, it could be a sign of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), which, left uncontrolled, can damage the esophagus and lead to complications. We'll examine GERD and what you can do to manage the condition. Plus, our guests discuss a new, minimally-invasive treatment for patients with Barrett's esophagus.
John DeFrancisco, M.D.
Gastroenterologist in practice with Saratoga Schenectady Gastro Associates, PC.
Edward S. Orris, M.D.
Gastroenterologist in practice with Albany Gastroenterology Consultants, PC.
Eleanor Wilson, M.S., R.D.
Registered dietitian and senior nutritionist for Price Chopper/Golub Corporation, located in Schenectady, N.Y. Click here to see her advice on 'help for heartburn.'
• The American College of Gastroenterology offers information on both Barrett’s esophagus and GERD.
• The American Gastroenterological Association is dedicated to advancing the science and practice of gastroenterology.
• The International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders, Inc. (IFFGD) is a nonprofit education and outreach organization dedicated to informing, assisting and supporting people affected by gastrointestinal disorders.
• MedlinePlus, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health and the U.S. National Library of Medicine, presents thoroughly-vetted information on Barrett's esophagus and GERD.
• The National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NDDIC) offers detailed facts on Barrett's esophagus and GERD.
• The Pediatric/Adolescent Gastroesophageal Reflux Association, Inc. provides support to parents and children dealing with GERD.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links on this page, you may be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links on this page.
Stock Photos provided by Shutterstock.