Alzheimer's Caregiving Caring for someone with Alzheimer's disease or a related dementia impacts every aspect of daily life. Caregivers face tests of stamina, problem-solving, and resiliency. But you don't have to go it alone, help is available. On this episode of 'Health Link' we'll examine what caregivers need to know, when the diagnosis is Alzheimer's. Find out what programs and services are available to help you in providing the best quality of life for you and your loved one.
David Gregoire is the Executive Director of the Alzheimer’s Association Northeastern New York.
Kelly Mateja is the Director of Programs and Services for Colonie Senior Service Centers, Inc.
Bright Horizonsis the adult day services program of Colonie Senior Service Centers.
Beth Smith-Boivin, MSHSA
Beth Smith-Boivin is a social worker and director of Albany Med’s Anne B. and Leon J. Goldberg Alzheimer’s Resource Program.
• Alzheimer's Association
• Alzheimer Research Forum
• Caring for Your Parents - Health Link Quarterly
• Catholic Charities Caregivers Support Services, Albany, NY
• Mayo Foundation - Alzheimer's care: Simple tips for daily tasks
• MedlinePlus - Alzheimer's Caregivers
• National Institute on Aging Alzheimer's Disease Education and Referral Center
• New York State Office for the Aging - New York Elder Caregiver Support Program
• Capital Region Caregiver Coalition
• Senior Services of Albany
• Northeast Health Alzheimer's Services
• New York State Office for the Aging
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.
Stock Photos provided by Shutterstock.