Watch Monday, December 2, 2013 at 9pm on WMHT TV.
For the past dozen years, the MY MUSIC series has been preserving and archiving the greatest songs of the 1960s. Now, MY MUSIC ARCHIVES presents THE BEST OF THE 60s, a special selection of original hit songs from MY GENERATION: THE 60s; THE BRITISH BEAT; MOTOWN; 60s POP, ROCK & SOUL and THE 60s GENERATION. This new program features the greatest moments from these specials devoted to the classic era of rock, pop and folk.
THE BEST OF THE 60s also features a closing segment remembering former Monkees’ member Davy Jones in his last concert recorded for public television, never broadcast in its entirety.
THE BEST OF THE 60s (MY MUSIC ARCHIVES) features these hit songs:
- “People Got to Be Free” – The New Rascals
- “Groovin’” – The New Rascals
- “San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair)” – Scott McKenzie (final TV performance)
- “Cherish” – The Association
- “Let the Sunshine In”/“Aquarius” – The Fifth Dimension
- “Let’s Live for Today” – Rob Grill & The Grass Roots (Rob Grill’s final TV performance)
- “The Game of Love” – Wayne Fontana
- “A Groovy Kind of Love” – Wayne Fontana
- “Time of the Season” – The Zombies
- “Get Together” – Jesse Colin Young of The Youngbloods
- “Kind of a Drag” – Dennis Tufano of The Buckinghams
- “One” – Chuck Negron, formerly of Three Dog Night
- “I Second That Emotion” – The Miracles (broadcast premiere)
- “The Tears of a Clown” – The Miracles
- “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida” – Iron Butterfly
- “Born To Be Wild” – John Kay & Steppenwolf
Special Segment – Davy Jones
- “(I’m Not Your) Steppin’ Stone” – Davy Jones with Paul Revere & The Raiders
- “A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You”
- “Daydream Believer”