Resources & Information from Health Link
Colorectal Cancer Prevention
Joseph C. Yarze, M.D., A.G.A.F., F.A.C.P., F.A.C.G., F.A.S.G.E.
Practices gastroenterology and internal medicine at Gastroenterology Associates of Northern New York, P.C., located in Glens Falls, N.Y.
Joseph J. Dudek, M.D.
Oncologist/hematologist at New York Oncology Hematology in Albany, N.Y.
President and co-founder of The Colon Club who was diagnosed with Stage II colon cancer in 1999, and the creator of the Colossal Colon, a 40-foot-long, four-foot tall model of the human colon that has been traveling the country since 2002 to educate people about colorectal cancer.
Andrew Elder, Jr.
Musician, writer and fitness buff who is working on becoming certified as a personal trainer with the intention of helping cancer survivors like himself; he was diagnosed with Stage III colon cancer in 2007.
• The American Cancer Society is the nation's leading organization for providing cancer-related information for patients and their families.
• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention aims to reduce colorectal cancer incidence and mortality rates among adults aged 50 years or older.
• The Colon Club is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness of colorectal cancer in out-of-the-box ways.
• MedlinePlus, which offers health information from the world's largest medical library, the National Library of Medicine, includes multimedia tools to help you gain a better understanding of colorectal cancer.
• The National Cancer Institute conducts and supports research, training, health information dissemination, and other programs related to the cause, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of cancer, rehabilitation from cancer and the continuing care of cancer patients and their families.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links on this page, you may be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links on this page.