Resources & Information from Health Link
Paul J. Arciero, Ph.D.
Tenured professor in the Health and Exercise Sciences Department at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs N.Y., specializing in performance nutrition and exercise training for optimal health.
Lauren Ayers, Ph.D.
Practicing psychologist in Albany, N.Y., registered school psychologist, secondary school teacher, television reporter, former college dormitory director, Girl Scout leader and the mother of three children.
Academic administrator for physical education, health and wellness K-12 at Shenendehowa Central School District.
Neeti Pathare, Ph.D., P.T.
Assistant Professor at Sage College studying childhood obesity in underserved populations.
• The American Heart Association presents a scientific position on 'Dietary Recommendations for Healthy Children.'
• The American Academy of Pediatrics offers a Web site to support pediatricians, families and community advocates in improving the health status of those children who are already overweight and obese.
• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides information on childhood obesity's immediate and long-term health impacts, along with documents on nutrition, physical activity and young people.
• The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute presents 'We Can!,' a guide to enhancing children's activity and nutrition for parents.
• The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases presents detailed information on 'Helping Your Overweight Child.'
• The Nemours Foundation offers helpful online tools and tips for parents, kids and teens.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.
Stock Photos provided by Shutterstock.