Resources & Information from Health Link
Skin Cancer and Sun Protection
Theta S. Pattison, M.D.
Dermatologist in private practice in Albany, N.Y.
Phone: (518) 690-0177
Joseph A. Manzi, D.P.M., D.A.B.P.S.
Podiatrist and founder of Bethlehem Foot Care and a fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
Robert L. Schultze, M.D.
Medical Director at Cornea Consultants of Albany and co-Medical Director of the Albany TLC Laser Center.
• The American Academy of Dermatology promotes leadership in dermatology and excellence in patient care through education, research and advocacy.
• The American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons urges individuals to use sunscreen on their feet in order to prevent skin cancer on feet.
• The American Optometric Association offers tips for keeping one's eyes healthy by protecting them from harmful UV rays.
• The National Cancer Institute offers a booklet that offers information on how to conduct a self-exam in order to check for early signs of skin cancer
• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention presents information on sun safety for youth and for schools.
• MedlinePlus, a service of the National Institutes of Health, offers and overview of skin cancer information.
• The New York State Podiatric Medical Association is dedicated to medical education, legislative advocacy, public information and progress in podiatric medical arts and sciences.
• Prevent Blindness America presents details on how UV rays can damage your eyes, and how to protect your eyes from the sun.
• The Skin Cancer Foundation is devoted solely to combating the world's most common cancer, which is now occurring at epidemic levels.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.