Resources & Information from Health Link
Gary Bernardini, M.D., Ph.D.
Director of Stroke and Neurocritical Care at Albany Medical Center and Edith M. Hellmand Chair in Cerebrovascular Disease at Albany Medical College.
Art Breault, R.N., EMT-P
Emergency Medicine Outreach Coordinator for Albany Medical Center.
Daniel Pauzé, M.D.
Emergency Physician and Medical Director for the Department of Emergency Medicine at Albany Medical College.
Nurse educator at Hudson Valley Community College who survived cardiac arrest with the aid of CPR and therapeutic hypothermia and has now recovered with no neurological complications.
• The American Heart Association presents a video demonstration of hands-only CPR, which can help you save someone's life.
• The American Red Cross of Northeastern New York offers comprehensive CPR training courses and emergency cardiac care programs.
• The American College of Emergency Physicians provides a document describing how to initiate and maintain therapeutic hypothermia.
• MedlinePlus, a service of the National Institutes of Health, presents several articles related to cardiac arrest and therapeutic hypothermia.
• The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute offers an overview of sudden cardiac arrest.
• The University of Washington School of Medicine provides information to teach you the basics of CPR online.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.
Stock Photos provided by Shutterstock.