Resources & Information from Health Link
Can Animals Improve Your Health?
Director of Empire ServiceDog Program of Albany, N.Y.
Therapy dog handler whose two chocolate labs make frequent visits to St. Peter's Health Care Services, St. Claire's Church and Veeder Elementary School.
Karen Stanley-White, P.T.
Physical therapist and executive director of Saratoga Therapeutic Equestrian Program of Glenville, N.Y.
Nanci Beyerl, M.S.W.
Social worker and executive director of Peaceful Acres Horses, Inc. of Pattersonville, N.Y.
• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention presents information on the health benefits of caring for pets.
• The Delta Society is dedicated to improving human health through service and therapy animals.
• Pet Education.com presents an article on many of the physical and medical benefits of pets.
• Helpguide.org, a non-profit resource focused on helping people resolve many of life's challenges, suggests ways in which caring for a pet can make you happier and healthier.
• Therapy Dogs International is a volunteer organization dedicated to regulating, testing and registering therapy dogs and their volunteer handlers for the purpose of visiting nursing homes, hospitals or other institutions where therapy dogs are needed.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.