Resources & Information from Health Link
Saving Lives Through Organ Donation
David Conti, M.D.
Nationally-recognized transplant surgeon and director of Albany Medical Center's Transplant Program.
Wayne Shelton, Ph.D.
Associate professor at the Alden March Bioethics Institute of Albany Medical College.
Jeff Orlowski, M.S., C.P.T.C.
CEO of the Center for Donation and Transplant (CDT) in Albany, NY.
The National Kidney Foundation of Northeast New York, Inc.
99 Troy Rd., Ste. 200
East Greenbush, NY 12061-1027
Phone: (518) 458-9697
Toll Free: (800) 999-9697
New York State Donate Life Registry
Learn more about enrolling in the New York State program for organ and tissue donation.
• The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services offers Organ Donor.gov, which presents information on how to be an organ donor and how donors are matched to transplant recipients.
• MedLine Plus, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine, presents trusted information on organ donation.
• Organ Donation Information.org includes a state-by-state listing of how to become an organ donor, as well as answers to frequently-asked questions.
• Donate Life America offers resources on how you can better understand organ donation and how you can help others by becoming an organ donor.
• The Mayo Clinic presents information that debunks common organ donation myths.
• The National Kidney Foundation is dedicated to enhancing the lives of everyone with, at risk of or affected by kidney disease, which includes promoting organ donation.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.