Resources & Information from Health Link
Electronic Medical Records
John Bennett, M.D.
President and chief executive officer of CDPHP.
Dominick A. Bizzarro
CEO of the Healthcare Information eXchange of New York (HIXNY).
John A. Collins, M.D., F.A.C.P.
Chief medical officer and executive vice president of Northeast Health and chairman of HIXNY.
Nirav R. Shah, M.D., M.P.H.
New York State Commissioner for the Department of Health and previously an assistant professor of medicine at New York University School of Medicine and an associate investigator at the Geisinger Center for Health Research. He has co-authored papers on genomics and electronic health records.
• The Health Policy Institute at Georgetown University offers a guide to your medical record rights in New York under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• The New York State Department of Health answers frequently-asked questions about requesting and obtaining one's medical records.
• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers information on methods and implementation of electronic medical records.
• The Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) presents an overview of federal and state law on medical record privacy and offers consumers tips to safeguard medical records.
• MedlinePlus, the National Institutes of Health's Web site for patients and their families, presents detailed information on personal health records.
• The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services provides an overview of electronic health records, or EHRs. In addition, the agency presents information to help you understand how and to what degree your health information is protected under HIPAA, including which organizations do and do not have to follow the law's privacy and security rules.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.