Resources & Information from Health Link
How to Manage Chronic Pain
Charles Argoff, M.D.
Professor of neurology at Albany Medical College and Director of Albany Medical Center's pain management program specializing in pain management and chronic headaches.
Patricia Fennell, M.S.W., LCSW-R
CEO of Albany Health Management Associates, Inc. and an internationally-recognized expert on chronic illness, trauma, and coping.
Cindy Perlin, LCSW, BCIAC
President of the Northeast Regional Biofeedback Society working in the field of biofeedback and neurofeedback for sixteen years with a practice in Delmar, New York.
• The American Academy of Pain Management brings together the many professionals who work with individuals in pain and assists in the creation of quality services for those individuals.
• The American Academy of Pain Medicine is a medical specialty society representing physicians in the field of pain medicine and is involved in education, training, advocacy and research in the specialty of pain medicine.
• The American Back Society is dedicated to continuing education in spinal care, including clinical problems affecting the neck and back.
• The American Chronic Pain Association offers peer support and education in pain management skills to people with pain, family and friends and health care professionals. The association can be reached by phone toll-free at (800) 533-3231.
• The American Headache Society is a patient-health professional partnership dedicated to advancing the treatment and management of patients with headache.
• The American Pain Foundation serves people affected by pain and works to dismantle the barriers that impede access to quality pain care for all.
• The Arthritis Foundation helps people take control of arthritis by providing public health information, pursuing public policy and legislation and conducting evidence-based programs to improve the quality of life for those living with arthritis.
• The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke presents research publications and related resources on the treatment of chronic pain.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.
Stock Photos provided by Shutterstock.