Resources & Information from Health Link
Celiac Disease and Gluten
Ellie Wilson, M.S., R.D., C.D.N.
Dietitian and senior nutritionist for Price Chopper/Golub Corporation, located in Schenectady, NY.
William Notis, M.D.
Physician and expert in celiac disease at Albany Gastroenterology Consultants.
Vice President of The Celiac Disease Resource, Inc. (TCDRI), a volunteer organization that is dedicated to providing a support system for patients challenged with Celiac Disease.
Invited guest will share her personal story of what it's like living with Celiac Disease.
• Celiac Disease Foundation informs, assists and supports people with information about Celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis.
• The Gluten Intolerance Group of North America aims to provide support to persons with gluten intolerances, including celiac disease, dermatitis herpetiformis and other gluten sensitivities, in order to help them live health lives.
• The Celiac Disease Resource, Inc. is dedicated to providing educational information to the general public by regular meetings, special events, printed literature, telephone and e-mail support.
• The National Center for Biotechnology Information at the U.S. National Library of Medicine presents information on celiac disease, including causes, symptoms, tests, treatment and prevention.
• The National Institutes of Health (NIH) runs the Celiac Disease Awareness Campaign, which provides current, comprehensive, science-based information on symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of celiac disease.
• The National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NDDIC) offers answers to frequently-asked-questions about celiac disease, including examples of a gluten-free diet.
• MedlinePlus, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine, presents detailed information on celiac disease, as well as free e-mail updates when new information is available.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.