Resources & Information from Health Link
Medicare for Baby Boomers
Executive deputy director at the New York State Office for the Aging.
Robert M. Vandy, C.L.U., Ch.F.C., L.U.T.C.F., C.L.T.C.
Vice President of marketing for New York & National/New York Long-Term Care Brokers and host of the weekly radio program 'Life Happens...Are You Prepared?' on WGY-810 AM and 103.1 FM.
Coordinator of the Albany County Health Insurance Information Counseling and Assistance Program (HIICAP), an outreach effort funded by the Albany County Department for Aging and run by Senior Services of Albany.
• Medicare.gov is the official U.S. government Web site for information about Medicare.
• The Social Security Administration offers information on Medicare resources in English and Spanish, including how to apply for Medicare and how to find extra help with Medicare prescription drug plan costs.
• The New York State Office for the Aging offers a Senior Citizen's Help Line at 1-800-342-9871.
• New York & National/New York Long-Term Care Brokers specializes in long-term care, life and disability insurance, consulting and sales and is located in Clifton Park, NY.
• Eldercare Locator, a service of the U.S. Administration on Aging, connects older adults and their families to community services, and can be reached by phone at 1-800-677-1116.
• Community Health Advocates helps people get, keep and use health coverage, and can be reached by phone at 1-888-614-5400.
• The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' site for people with Medicare, Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program.
• The National Clearinghouse for Long-Term Care Information is the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' site for helping you and your family plan for future long-term care (LTC) needs.
• The New York State Partnership for Long-Term Care is a unique program combining long-term care insurance and Medicaid Extended Coverage. Its purpose is to help New Yorkers financially prepare for the possibility of needing nursing home care, home care or assisted living services someday.
• Senior Services of Albany has been serving older adults, their families, and caregivers in New York's Capital Region since 1952.
• The Albany County Health Insurance Information Counseling and Assistance Program (HIICAP) can assist with your Medicare options, and is available by phone at (518) 935-2307. New York residents outside of Albany county should call 1-800-701-0501, and residents of other states should call 1-800-633-4227 (1-800-MEDICARE).
• Albany County Department for the Aging
Vincent Colonno, Commissioner
162 Washington Ave
Albany, NY 12210
• Columbia County Office for the Aging
Kit Ali, Administrator
325 Columbia Street
Hudson, NY 12534
FAX: (518) 822-0010
• Fulton County Office for the Aging
Andrea Fettinger, Interim Director
19 N. William Street
Johnstown, NY 12095-2534
• Greene County Department for the Aging
Thomas Yandeau, Director
411 Main Street
Catskill, NY 12414
FAX: (518) 719-3798
• Montgomery County Office for the Aging
Eileen Broyles, Executive Director
380 Guy Park Avenue, P.O. Box 52
Amsterdam, NY 12010-0052
• Rensselaer County Unified Family Services
Joseph W. Cybulski, Commissioner
1600 7th Avenue
Troy, NY 12180
• Saratoga County Office for the Aging
Sandra Cross, Director
152 West High Street
Ballston Spa, NY 12020-3528
FAX: (518) 884-4104
• Schenectady County Senior and Long-Term Care Services
William C. Koester, Manager
107 Nott Terrace, Suite 202
Schenectady, NY 12308-3170
FAX: (518) 382-0194
• Schoharie County Office for the Aging
R. Carol Coltrain, Director
113 Park Place, Suite 3
Schoharie, NY 12157
FAX: (518) 295-2015
• Warren/Hamilton Counties Offices for the Aging
Candace Kelly, Director
333 Glen Street, 3rd Floor, Suite 306
Glens Falls, NY 12801
FAX: (518) 745-7643
• Washington County Office for the Aging and Nutrition Services
Claire Murphy, Director
383 Broadway, Suite B10
Fort Edward, NY 12828
FAX: (518) 746-2418
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.