Resources & Information from Health Link
Rick Knizek, ATC
Rick Knizek, ATC is a certified athletic trainer at Shenendehowa Central Schools. He is a leader for the Section 2 Concussion Management Team.
Hamish Kerr, MD
Dr. Hamish Kerr trained in both internal medicine and pediatrics, Dr. Hamish Kerr specializes in sports medicine and exercise physiology for children, teens, and adults. Dr. Kerr is an expert in the management of sports injuries, especially concussions. Fueled by his passion for sports, Dr. Kerr is involved with a variety of sports teams and associations, including serving as the director of medical services for Siena College’s athletic teams.
Biography of Dr. Hammish Kerr from Capital Region Orthopaedics
Kenneth Shapiro, MD
Dr. Kenneth Shapiro joined Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital in 1989 after completing a post-doctoral fellowship in the Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore. He serves as medical director of Sunnyview's Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation and is also a consulting physiatrist at Ellis Hospital in Schenectady. He is a clinical instructor of physical medicine and rehabilitation for Albany Medical Center's residency training program.
• Brain Injury Association of New York State
• Upstate Medical University Concussion Management Program
• National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke Traumatic Brain Injury Information
• Sports Concussion Management Program from Northeast Health
• Center for College and University Concussion Assessment, Management and Testing
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• The New York State Public High School Athletic Association
• Sports Concussion Institute
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.