Each week on 'Health Link,' members of the local medical community discuss a wide variety of issues related to health and healthy living. Hosted by Benita Zahn, the program delves deeper than the usual soundbites to provide you with important health information that is useful, comprehensible and contextualized.
'Health Link' airs Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 10:30 a.m. on WMHT.
Whether you or someone you care for is struggling with a health problem, or if you are well and want to stay that way, 'Health Link' is a vital resource for our community.
If you have a question or comment, please send us an e-mail. Your feedback may even appear on a future episode of 'Health Link.'
You can watch recent episodes of 'Health Link' on WMHT.org thanks to the support of our generous members and contributors.
Resources and Information from Health Link
Vitamin D Deficiency
Mark Fruiterman, M.D.
Endocrinologist in practice with The Endocrine Group in Albany, NY.
Ronald Stram, M.D.
Founder of the Center for Integrative Health and Healing in Delmar, NY.
Nini C.Y. Wu, M.D., C.M.
Albany-based hematologist and oncologist and current president of New York Oncology Hematology, P.C.
• The American Academy of Physicians offers information on the prevention of rickets and Vitamin D deficiency in infants, children and adolescents.
• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers breast-feeding recommendations for Vitamin D supplementation.
• MedlinePlus, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health, lists uses of Vitamin D and offers effectiveness grades based on scientific evidence.
• The Mayo Clinic offers a list of synonyms for Vitamin D.
• The Skin Cancer Foundation Journal published an article titled 'The Vitamin D Dilemma' in 2008.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.