Each week on 'Health Link,' members of the local medical community discuss a wide variety of issues related to health and healthy living. Hosted by Benita Zahn, the program delves deeper than the usual soundbites to provide you with important health information that is useful, comprehensible and contextualized.
'Health Link' airs Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 10:30 a.m. on WMHT.
Whether you or someone you care for is struggling with a health problem, or if you are well and want to stay that way, 'Health Link' is a vital resource for our community.
If you have a question or comment, please send us an e-mail. Your feedback may even appear on a future episode of 'Health Link.'
You can watch recent episodes of 'Health Link' on WMHT.org thanks to the support of our generous members and contributors.
Resources and Information from Health Link
Mark Fruiterman, M.D.
Endocrinologist in practice with The Endocrine Group in Albany, NY.
Dale R. Meyer, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Director of Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery at the Albany Medical Center Lions Eye Institute and Professor of Ophthalmology at Albany Medical College.
Lions Eye Institute (Office)
1220 New Scotland Rd., Ste 302
Albany (Slingerlands), NY 12159
Phone: (518) 533-6540
Ira L. Zackon, M.D.
Specialist in medical oncology and hematology with New York Oncology Hematology, located in Troy, NY.
• The American Academy of Otolaryngology is the world's largest organization representing specialists who treat the ear, nose, throat, and related structures of the head and neck.
• The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists is a medical professional community of clinical endocrinologists committed to enhancing its members’ ability to provide the highest quality of care.
• The American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association is dedicated to the eradication of autoimmune diseases and the alleviation of suffering and the socioeconomic impact of autoimmunity through fostering and facilitating collaboration in the areas of education, public awareness, research, and patient services in an effective, ethical and efficient manner.
• The American Thyroid Association leads in promoting thyroid health and understanding thyroid biology.
• The Graves' Disease Foundation is committed to reaching out to those affected by Graves’ and other thyroid related diseases with programs that provide patients and caregivers counseling, support, and referrals to medical professionals.
• The Hormone Foundation seeks to serve as a resource for the public by promoting the prevention, treatment and cure of hormone-related conditions through outreach and education.
• MedlinePlus, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health, offers information on thyroid diseases.
• The National Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases Information Service offers an A-Z list of endocrine and metabolic diseases.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.