Each week on 'Health Link,' members of the local medical community discuss a wide variety of issues related to health and healthy living. Hosted by Benita Zahn, the program delves deeper than the usual soundbites to provide you with important health information that is useful, comprehensible and contextualized.
'Health Link' airs Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 10:30 a.m. on WMHT.
Whether you or someone you care for is struggling with a health problem, or if you are well and want to stay that way, 'Health Link' is a vital resource for our community.
If you have a question or comment, please send us an e-mail. Your feedback may even appear on a future episode of 'Health Link.'
You can watch recent episodes of 'Health Link' on WMHT.org thanks to the support of our generous members and contributors.
Resources and Information from Health Link
• The American College of Rheumatology offers facts on Sjögren's diagnosis and treatment, as well as a listing of area rheumatologist.
• The American Dental Association presents oral health tips for dealing with dry mouth..
• The Arthritis Foundation provides information on medications used to treat Sjögren's syndrome and other information.
• The Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research offers comprehensive information about Sjögren's symptoms, causes, risk factors, complications, tests, diagnosis, treatments, drugs, lifestyles and home remedies.
• MedlinePlus, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health, offers information on Sjögren's syndrome.
• The National Eye Institute presents information about dry eye.
• The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke presents information on Sjögren's syndrome, including research topics.
• The Sjögren's Syndrome Foundation is the only national non-profit organization focused on increasing research, education and awareness for Sjögren's syndrome.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.