Each week on 'Health Link,' members of the local medical community discuss a wide variety of issues related to health and healthy living. Hosted by Benita Zahn, the program delves deeper than the usual soundbites to provide you with important health information that is useful, comprehensible and contextualized.
'Health Link' airs Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 10:30 a.m. on WMHT.
Whether you or someone you care for is struggling with a health problem, or if you are well and want to stay that way, 'Health Link' is a vital resource for our community.
If you have a question or comment, please send us an e-mail. Your feedback may even appear on a future episode of 'Health Link.'
You can watch recent episodes of 'Health Link' on WMHT.org thanks to the support of our generous members and contributors.
Resources and Information from Health Link
Judi England, R.N., L.M.T.
Massage therapist and yoga instructor in private practice in Guilderland, N.Y.
Lenore Flynn, R.N., M.A.
Founding member of Still Forest Pool Center for Mindfulness of the Capital Region.
Vickie Gardner Nichols, B.A., M.S.
Owner of aromatherapy company Victoria's Essentials and an aromatherapy educator at the Center for Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy in Albany, N.Y.
• The American Massage Therapy Association offers massage therapy information and resources, including a 'Find a Massage Therapist' search-by-zip code tool.
• The Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts is an innovative leader in mind-body medicine and mindfulness-based treatment and research investigations, pioneering the integration of meditation and mindfulness into mainstream medicine and health care.
• The Center for Natural Wellness offers a massage clinic to promote relaxation, increase circulation and more.
• The Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research presents simple relaxation techniques that you can do on your own which will get you started on de-stressing your life and improving your health, as well as information on risks and benefits of massage therapy.
• MedlinePlus offers an overview of stress, symptoms and ways to cope.
• The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy is an educational, nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing public awareness of the benefits of true aromatherapy and its safe and effective application in everyday life.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links on this page, you may be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links on this page.
Stock Photos provided by Shutterstock.