Each week on 'Health Link,' members of the local medical community discuss a wide variety of issues related to health and healthy living. Hosted by Benita Zahn, the program delves deeper than the usual soundbites to provide you with important health information that is useful, comprehensible and contextualized.
'Health Link' airs Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 10:30 a.m. on WMHT.
Whether you or someone you care for is struggling with a health problem, or if you are well and want to stay that way, 'Health Link' is a vital resource for our community.
If you have a question or comment, please send us an e-mail. Your feedback may even appear on a future episode of 'Health Link.'
You can watch recent episodes of 'Health Link' on WMHT.org thanks to the support of our generous members and contributors.
Resources and Information from Health Link
Ralph Clement Darling III, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Chief of the division of vascular surgery at Albany Medical Center, medical director of the Karmody Vascular Laboratory at Albany Medical Center and vice president of the Center for Vascular Awareness.
Philip S.K. Paty, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Chief of vascular surgery at St. Peter's Hospital and co-medical director of the Karmody Vascular Laboratory at Albany Medical Center.
• The Center for Vascular Awareness, Inc. is dedicated to fostering mainstreaming consumer and clinical consciousness of vascular health standards, disease, prevention and treatment options.
• The American Heart Association offers information on peripheral artery disease symptoms, risk factors and more.
• The Peripheral Arterial Disease (P.A.D.) Coalition seeks to improve the prevention, early detection, treatment, and rehabilitation of people with, or at risk for, P.A.D.
• The Vascular Disease Foundation looks to improve health for all by reducing death and disability from vascular disease.
• The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) presents information explaining deep vein thrombosis and peripheral arterial disease.
• VascularWeb, provided by the Society for Vascular Surgery, offers information on vascular conditions, tests and treatments.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links on this page, you may be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links on this page
Stock Photos provided by Shutterstock.