Each week on 'Health Link,' members of the local medical community discuss a wide variety of issues related to health and healthy living. Hosted by Benita Zahn, the program delves deeper than the usual soundbites to provide you with important health information that is useful, comprehensible and contextualized.
'Health Link' airs Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 10:30 a.m. on WMHT.
Whether you or someone you care for is struggling with a health problem, or if you are well and want to stay that way, 'Health Link' is a vital resource for our community.
If you have a question or comment, please send us an e-mail. Your feedback may even appear on a future episode of 'Health Link.'
You can watch recent episodes of 'Health Link' on WMHT.org thanks to the support of our generous members and contributors.
Resources and Information from Health Link
Preventing and Treating STDs
Education director for Upper Hudson Planned Parenthood.
Dr. Shelley A. Gilroy, M.D.
HIV Medicine Specialist at Albany Medical College.
Health teacher at Albany High School.
Executive Director of the AIDS Council of Northeastern New York.
• Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
• Center for Young Women's Health: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
• MedlinePlus: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
• Planned Parenthood: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
• U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: AIDS
• Sexually Transmitted Disease Guide from std-gov.org
• MTV Presents: 'It's Your Sex Life: Get Yourself Talking; Get Yourself Tested'
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.