Each week on 'Health Link,' members of the local medical community discuss a wide variety of issues related to health and healthy living. Hosted by Benita Zahn, the program delves deeper than the usual soundbites to provide you with important health information that is useful, comprehensible and contextualized.
'Health Link' airs Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 10:30 a.m. on WMHT.
Whether you or someone you care for is struggling with a health problem, or if you are well and want to stay that way, 'Health Link' is a vital resource for our community.
If you have a question or comment, please send us an e-mail. Your feedback may even appear on a future episode of 'Health Link.'
You can watch recent episodes of 'Health Link' on WMHT.org thanks to the support of our generous members and contributors.
Resources and Information from Health Link
Mehul Trivedi, M.D.
General surgeon at St. Peter's Hospital in Albany with fellowship training in bariatric, minimally-invasive and foregut surgery who has performed hundreds of bariatric and minimally-invasive surgeries, from lap-band placements to gastric bypasses.
Drew Anderson, Ph.D.
Associate professor at the University at Albany conducting research across the eating disorder spectrum, from anorexia to obesity.
Anne Jones, R.N., C.B.N.
Certified bariatrics nurse and clinical coordinator of the Bariatric Care Center at Ellis Hospital in Schenectady.
• The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery seeks to improve public health and well being by lessening the burden of the disease of obesity and related diseases throughout the world.
• The Journal of the American Medical Association offers a patient page offering information for those considering bariatric surgery.
• MedlinePlus, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health, lists extensive resources on weight loss surgery.
• The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute offers an online 'Calculate Your Body Mass Index' calculator.
• UpToDate is an evidence-based, peer-reviewed information resource with information on different bariatric procedures.
• The Weight-control Information Network, an information service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, provides information on bariatric surgery for severe obesity.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.