• Click to contribute to WMHT
  • Click to make/update a sustaining contribution to WMHT
  • Click to join the WMHT e-news mailing list

Black History Programs

Ken Burns | Jackie Robinson

Posted by WMHT Web Editor on

Watch Monday and Tuesday, April 11-12, 2016 at 9pm on WMHT TV | Examine the life and times of Jack Roosevelt Robinson.

Read More

Bridging the Divide | Tom Bradley and the Politics of Race

Last Updated by WMHT Web Editor on

Watch Sunday February 14 at 1pm on WMHT TV | An examination of the life and legacy of the first African American mayor elected in a major American city with an overwhelmingly white majority

Read More

The Powerbroker: Whitney Young and the Fight for Civil Rights

Watch Monday, February 15, 2016 at midnight | This film follows the journey of Whitney M. Young, Jr. from segregated Kentucky to head of the National Urban League.

Read More

The Lost Years of Zora Neale Hurston

Watch Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 5pm | Explore a fascinating chapter in the life of an American literary icon.

Read More

American Masters | B.B. King: The Life of Riley

Watch Friday, February 12, 2016 at 9pm & Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 3pm | Explore B.B. King’s life and career through candid interviews with the blues legend and other stars.

Read More

American Masters | Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train A Comin'

Watch Friday, February 12, 2016 at 11pm | Experience guitarist Hendrix’s life and music through never-before-seen performances and interviews.

Read More

Eyes on the Prize | Then and Now

Featuring interviews with Eyes on the Prize filmmakers, thought leaders, current day activists, scholars, and civil rights leaders, this special will explore how far we’ve come, how far we have yet to go, the meaning and significance of the ongoing struggle, and the next steps towards equality

Read More

Eyes on the Prize I and II

Watch Sundays at 8pm through April 17, 2016 on WORLD TV | Eyes on the Prize recounts the fight to end decades of discrimination and segregation.

Read More

PBS Black History Month 2016

In Honor of Black History Month, PBS Features Documentaries of Iconic African Americans and Offers More Than 30 Programs for Viewers to Stream Online Through the PBS Black Culture Connection (BCC)

Read More

Independent Lens | The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution

Screening January 1 - February 22, 2016 | A new revolutionary culture emerged in the turbulent 1960s, and the Black Panther Party was at the vanguard.

Read More

Independent Lens Blog

Independent Lens Announces New 2016-2017 Season

Slate Includes Meet the Patels, Newtown, TOWER, The Witness and More The award-winning series Independent Lens new...

Cats of Documentaries

I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.”  Filmmaker Jean Cocteau...

NPR People & Places