Learning Math Together
Learning Math Together is a parent program that WMHT adapted from a research-based curriculum, developed and designed by PBS Ready To Learn program, funded by the U.S. Dept. of Ed and CPB. Research was conducted by WestEd.
- Involve and engage families in preschool children’s learning
- Introduce preschool children (ages 3-5) to mathematics concepts through the use of technology (PBS KIDS online games, videos) and hands-on activities and books
- Series of 8 weekly sessions. Each 90 minute weekly session focuses on a specific math concept; includes demonstration and hands-on practice with math– themed PBS KIDS games, videos, activities, and books.
- Families are lent laptops for 8 weeks
- Family toolkits with take-home resources to be used as “homework”
- Train-the-trainer model: staff from the site attends all sessions in preparation for delivering the next parent program
For more about Learning Math Together email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518-880-3400.