Orthopaedic Treatments Major advancements in joint replacement have greatly improved the outcome of surgery, relieving pain and restoring function to hundreds of thousands of patients. We'll examine the most common troubles affecting our joints and the latest in treatment options, from minimally invasive hip and knee replacements to resurfacing treatments. We'll also take a look at what's new in back pain treatment.
J. David Abraham, M.D.
Sports injuries and joint replacement surgery specialist with Northeast Orthopaedics, using ‘computer assisted surgery’ for total knee replacements and specializing in the Birmingham hip resurfacing procedure.
Michelle Bahn, M.D.
Specialist in functional neurosurgery, treatment of degenerative diseases, spine trauma, brain tumors and spinal tumors in practice with Capital Region Neurosurgery.
George Zanaros, M.D.
Orthopaedic surgeon in practice with Capital Region Orthopaedics whose areas of expertise include reconstruction and arthroscopic treatment of hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder injuries as well as elbow and shoulder replacement surgery.
• The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases seeks to support research into the causes, treatment, and prevention of arthritis and musculoskeletal and skin diseases, the training of basic and clinical scientists to carry out this research, and the dissemination of information on research progress in these diseases.
• The American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons is the premier not-for-profit organization that provides education programs for orthopaedic surgeons and allied health professionals, champions the interests of patients and advances the highest quality musculoskeletal health.
• The Arthritis Foundation is the only national not-for-profit organization that supports the more than 100 types of arthritis and related conditions with advocacy, programs, services and research--including information about supplements, alternative treatments and total knee replacement.
• The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, a world leader in sports medicine education, research, communication, and fellowship, has been involved with research and education to improve patient care, physician knowledge, and the quality of life for millions of people around the world since 1972.
•Spine-Health.com offers comprehensive, highly informative and useful resources for understanding, preventing, and seeking appropriate treatment for back and neck pain and related conditions.
• SpineUniverse.com seeks to educate the public on the full range of technologies, services, treatments and research available on spinal disorders.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be medical advice. By clicking the links above, you will be leaving WMHT.org. WMHT Educational Telecommunications has *not* made any determination about the quality of the information within these links, nor does it endorse any information, service, product or company included within the links above.
Stock Photos provided by Shutterstock.