Watch Monday, September 29, 2014 at midnight on WMHT TV.
The Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF) announced the 2014 Hispanic Heritage Awards Honorees, who will receive their prestigious recognition on September 18 at the Warner Theatre in Washington, DC. Target will serve as the presenting sponsor for the second year and present an education award as the Hispanic community celebrates cultural pride, contribution and accomplishment. For the first time, PBS will broadcast the Awards as a one-hour special.
The 2014 Honorees are:
- Education – the Hayden High School Robotics Team presented by Target
- Sports – Bernie Williams presented Amtrak
- Leadership – Henry R. Munoz III
- Vision – Zoe Saldaña, presented by Hershey’s
- STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math) – Rep. Ruben Hinojosa presented by ExxonMobil
- Master of Arts – Pepe Aguilar, presented by Southwest Airlines
- Legend – Carlos Vives, presented by AARP
- Special Recognition – 65th Infantry Regiment of the US Army “The Borinqueneers”
“The Hispanic Heritage Foundation is proud to honor yet another inspiring group of Latino leaders with our prestigious Hispanic Heritage Award,” said Jose Antonio Tijerino, president and CEO of HHF. “The Hispanic community has made significant contributions throughout history, and we are proud to recognize that impact. Beyond celebrating our past success, we are focused on the future. Now more than ever, Latinos will play a vital role in moving America forward, and we applaud our sponsors, including Target as our presenting sponsor, for their leadership. We are also thrilled to reach a broader audience through the partnership with PBS, who will broadcast the Awards.”
Top Latino performers and personalities will pay tribute to the Honorees from stage featuring a special performance to close program.
Additional sponsors of the Hispanic Heritage Awards include UPS, Coca-Cola, PhRMA, Adelante Capital, BBVA Compass, Google, CVS Caremark, NASCAR, NFL, Saber es Poder, Friends of the National Museum of the American Latino, The Raben Group, Entertainment Software Association, Crowell & Moring, US Army, and NRCCUA. Erwin Gomez’s Karma Beauty Lounge is the Official Stylist. Southwest Airlines is the Office Airline.