As part of the American Graduate project, WMHT was awarded a Teacher Wall Grant to amplify teacher voices in our local community. With funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, we are excited to be able to help celebrate teachers through this project and through the national portal.
Listen to Teacher Interviews
Watch Teacher Interviews
Watch interviews of local teachers answering our interview questions below.
• If you could change one thing about American education, what would it be?
• Where do you go to get feedback on your performance as a teacher and why?
• What has been your greatest success as a teacher?
• What is the biggest challenge you face in your classroom? How do you tackle it?
• What is the best thing about teaching?
• What is one thing you’ve done in the past year to make yourself a better teacher?
• What words of advice would you give a new teacher?
• How do you introduce high expectations for your students and encourage their highest level of success?
• What is one thing about teaching that would surprise people outside the profession?
• What do you think is the single most important reason local students drop out of school?
• How can teachers help students who are at risk of dropping out stay in school?
• What resources or assistance do educators need from the community in order to help students graduate, on time, ready for college and careers?
• In the quest to improve graduation rates, who is your great ally and who is preventing progress?
• What role does a high quality early education program play in a child’s success in school?